View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #86
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
DC, I was able to download the league file in game today, FYI.

Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Raden View Post
After just one season, my legacy guy has already seen a sizable drop in potential (-14/-16/-14/-13/+1). He's only got 3 star potential now - I'm in love with the guy's performance/stats now, but I'm worried that if he drops that much in one year, in 3 years, he'll be nearly unusable.

EDIT - Seems PHX's legacy guy also had a huge drop in potential. Is this happening to all of them?

EDITx2 - MIL's guy saw a drop of -36/-26/-15/-23/-25. The guy's only a 1.5 star potential now. It may not mean much, if all we look at is current ratings, but I've always been under the impression that guys regress towards their potential (be it a positive or negative regression), and if that's the case, we're going to have a bunch of scrubs for legacy players in a couple of years.

Then that bolsters ShoelessJ's assertion that future legacy players ought to be created from scratch, not be reclaimed minor leaguers which I'll follow going forward. I'll add a clause that allows you, the owner, to retire a legacy player. It's similar to an idea I had when the league was just a concept league where I thought it'd be cool to let an owner unretire a long-time guy who played for them and retired "before his time." Since we haven't had anyone of note like that in this league yet, that hasn't really been something I needed to bring up.

But for legacy guys, I don't see any reason to make an owner keep a guy around as a franchise pillar if he's not a franchise pillar anymore. So yeah, we'll say that if you want to retire your legacy player you can do that...and I guess it'd mean you'd get to replace him with another one though it'd obviously reset your 15-year clock on legacy guys.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-30-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote