View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 12:59 AM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The "singles court" ... bruh.

That was actually enough to cause me to read that entire set of posts to my kid (who had already heard background on this dynasty previously).

Good job, despite the unnecessary stress.

I took a pic of the court situation, because it's hard to imagine until you see the hellscape. I will say, much like Tampa Bay those catwalks (lol) on the ceiling were more beneficial to us than to them, because it seemed they were constantly moonballing shots up there that earned up points.

What's wild is, the city HAS at least one facility with 4 outdoor tennis courts. I think the HS insists on playing indoors partially because of weather concerns, but largely because it's their way of creating a fake home-court advantage by making teams playing on these terrible courts and boring them to death through 8 matches. We didn't get out of there until 8 yesterday and that's with forfeiting two matches and no matches going beyond straight sets. I can't imagine what a bunch of three-setters would've been like, because the older coaches in the league told me you could be stuck there until 11pm sometimes. It's absurd.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-29-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote