View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #184
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I do think they should be a #1 over Gonzaga. Gonzaga played 7 total Quad 1 games and went 4-3. MSU played 17 and went 13-4. I mention quad 1 games because that was apparently the committee favorite this year as I heard them mention it quite a few times and shows why NC State didn't get in.

I'd take 13-4 in quad 1 games, regular season and conference champions in the conference that got the most teams in the tournament over Gonzaga any day.

edit: Saw on reddit a good point from MSU fans. Last year MSU went 30-3 and was a #3 seed due to lack of Q1 wins. This year they have that and a team with 4 Q1 wins versus their 13 gets put ahead of them. The committee just isn't very consistent year to year.

I do think they did alright this year and there will always be some issues due to the human element. It's just weird the year to year variances in what they put an emhpasis on. Take NC State. Their non-con SOS is fucking abysmal which is obviously what got them out of the tournament. But, their NET is 33 which doesn't that take SOS into account among other things? Supposedly NET was supposed to be their new major tool to the bracket?

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 03-18-2019 at 07:13 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote