View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #501
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Transfer Window Opens

-- The Premier League transfer window reopens and our first problem to come up is an internal one: longtime goalkeeper Ingo Wilke approaches me to say he feels he’s accomplished everything he can at Dover and “wants a new challenge”. This is interesting - Wilke is a legend here, our all-time games played leader by a long way but he’s just turned 30 and I envision our future with Manuel Perez in goal. I still wanted to keep Wilke around a little while longer though so I tell him I feel he’s a big part of our plans and that I expect to continue growing as a club. He’s on board with that for now, thankfully.

-- Early rumours see Jurgen Klinsmann chasing our very own Rayane Hamon and other targets include Arsene Bamba and Claudio Contreras.

Transfer Market - Needs

-- Okay, what are we looking for this year? With only about £5 million in our transfer kitty from last year, we don’t have a lot of ammunition. My main goal when our budget is announced is to start finding some long term replacements for our starters who are approaching 30. Mostly, I’m looking for a young left midfielder to learn the position from Arsene Bamba, who is 27 years old right now. We could also be looking at a depth striker, as Shanon Andrea wasn’t impressive at all last year and I can likely find an upgrade in the transfer market.

Transfer Market Fun

-- United make an official offer for Rayane Hamon, offering us £11 million for the fine central defender. I have no intention whatsoever of selling him, let alone to one of our main rivals but I stall on the offer and will wait it out for the full seven days before declining the bid.

-- I have my eyes on a 25 year old American international striker who is playing in Switzerland. He’s got incredible intangibles and absolutely lights up the scoreboard in league play but my paltry £4.5 million offer is flatly rejected. I’ll come back after him once my budget is established.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote