View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #510
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Another Potential Transfer

-- I have another big money transfer all set for a 22 year old 6’ 4” Mexican striker who looks quite solid but we need a work permit to be granted. I have a contingency plan in place for another young striker, just in case.

2024 European Championship

-- Germany beat Spain 2-0 to win the 2024 European Championship. We didn’t have anyone playing on either of the finalists but did have a number of players participating in the event. Barcelona superstar Enrique wins the Golden Boot and player of the tournament.

U18 Signing

-- We sign 18 year old Holland D/MC Fouad van der Horst on a free after he was released by PSV. van der Horst will play for the U18’s this year.

Contract Extension

-- We give a three-year contract to 19 year old youth team graduate Adam Betts, a central defender. He’s got little talent (0.5/2.0) but he performed admirably in his only senior team game last year and I’ll look to loan him out this year with hopes of eventually selling him off.

Transfer IN

Well, here it is! We pay £23.5 million AND give up striker Giorgos Gesios for 22 year old German MC Benedikt Raab!!! Check out THIS guy -

This guy is INCREDIBLE! He’s rated either 4.0 or 4.5 stars currently by my coaching staff and world class doesn’t even begin to describe this guy’s talent. He’s a pure stud who has been with Schalke his whole career, coming up through their youth system. He’s had loan spells in Austria at First Vienna FC along with a one year loan spell at NEC in the Eredivisie but he’s spent the last three seasons with Schalke’s senior team, playing 112 games, scoring 23 goals and adding 28 assists during that time. He’s unquestionably one of the best players in the world and when you add him to our current midfield of Neil Cairney, Jose, Andrea Rocca, Emmerson Harvey and Rafael Ramirez, I can easily say we have the best midfield in the world. Just a sensational addition to our squad!

Of course, we have to bid farewell to Giorgos Gesios and while he never really panned out for us, I have very fond memories of the guy who was really our first “major” transfer here at Dover. We bought him from Arsenal in 2019 for a whopping £14.25 million, easily a record transfer for us at the time and he was destined to be our main threat up front for the future. He battled numerous injuries in that first season and was largely a disappointment until exploding for 23 goals in 38 games the following year. We figured he was just getting started but he battled poor form and more injuries in year three, getting passed on the first team by newcomer Shanon Andrea and his 8 goals in 34 games was a monster letdown. With Andrea taking our main role up front, Gesios was expendable and spent the last two seasons on loan, first in Spain with Sevilla and last year with Hoffenheim in Germany. Now, he heads to German rival Schalke. Gesios played 98 games for Dover, scoring 41 goals and adding 21 assists. We wish Gesios well with his new team.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote