View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #1084
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

South Forsyth - Last Chance Meet @ Cumming Aquatic Center - 1/26

The last meet for the twins prior to the High School State Championship. Both Bailey and Bear have state cuts. Bear will most likely swim the 200 and 500 free at state. Bailey's time in the 100 fly from state should be good enough to be one of the top 4 swimmers from South and get her a spot in the state meet. Not sure about her best 200 IM time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

#4 Girls 200 Free (2:07.83) - if Bailey had been training regularly I think she might have a shot at a PB here, but my guess is she'll finish a 2:08 mid. Practice before hand will also impact her times.

#12 Girls 100 Fly (1:02.40) - I don't think she comes close to this time...anything in the 1:03s like the county meet would be an improvement over her typical high school swims. I'm a bit concerned that the coach has her swimming this. The 1:02 time should be a top 4 for the South team and thus good enough to swim at state, but I'm afraid she might be going off of only 2018-19 season times, which would make Bailey's best a 1:03.88 and that might not be top 4...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

#3 Boys 200 Free (1:50.22) - would love to see a drop in this time. It's a full 5 seconds off his PB and if he could get into the 1:48 or so range I'd fell better about his position heading into Sectionals.

#13 Boys 100 Free (51.32) - this isn't a personal best, but it's only about .3 off of his best. Anything close to his seed time would be good, especially given the twins will have practice before this meet.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote