View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #1093
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

2019 GHSA 6-7A State Swim Meet - PRELIM RESULTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

#12 Girls 100 Yard Butterfly (1:04.23) - As I mentioned in the pre-event write up I was hoping Bailey could beat her time from last year and I felt it would be phenomenal if she was able to get close to her personal best time, well - she looked great and posted a time of 1:00.78. This is extremely close to her personal best time of 1:00.21, but it's almost identical to the 1:00.72 time she swam in time trials in in the same meet where she posted that best time. It turns out they bring the top 30 swimmers back to finals, but it would have taken a sub 59 second swim to get there. I'm hoping this means she'll swim well at the taper meet this Spring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

#1 Boys 200 Yard Medley Relay (1:45.67) - Bear's sprint free looked awesome in this race, as he posted a split around 22.5, which is the fastest he's ever gone. The team also managed to finish 21st, so they returned for finals the next day.

#3 Boys 200 Yard Freestyle - (1:53.80) - Bear looked sluggish in this race, he did manage to match his time from last year with a 1:48.00, but it wasn't pretty. He also managed to finish 29th, so he was able to return for finals.

#15 Boys 500 Yard Freestyle - (4:59.77) - - Bear again looked sluggish. His former coach Andy was sitting with us and he was analyzing Bear during the race, he mentioned that the stroke looked off, but he wasn't sure now was the time to try and fix it because Bear has a tendency to get overly analytic with his stroke and it can really hinder his performance. Bear finished in a time of 4:54.19, he wasn't pleased with the swim, but he did manage to get the 28th spot so he was going to swim it the next night at finals.

#17 Boys 200 Yard Freestyle Relay - (1:36.90) - The sprint still looked extremely good. Bear managed to go a 23.15 immediately after the 500...it was as strong swim, and all in all Bear and the 3 non-year rounders put together a great effort, but the finished 31st, so they wouldn't be back for finals.

In case you are wondering, in the 400 free the 3 swimmers Bear paired with for the medley combined with a 4th non-year rounder to qualify 33rd, so they didn't make finals either. Had the coach simply combined her 4 best swimmers in the 200 or the 400 free they easily would have qualified.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote