View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #214
Radii
Head Coach

-- Lynch rejected another contract offer, I forgot how this worked, I thougth he was presenting me with a counter, I needed to adjust. He wants $825/wk til 2016 (2 years), I make him that offer now.

-- Ogogo is amused that I feel the need to praise him because he thinks he's playing like shit. Not exactly what it says but close enough!

-- Lynch finally accepts an offer, i've got him for two more seasons.

December 31st, 2013

Woking (8-8-8, 15th) @ Rushden (14-4-6, 2nd)

We were able to play Rushden to a 1-1 draw at our place back in August. Their house will be much tougher. Sam Smith is one of the league's leading goal scorers with 13 goals. We have a long history against Rushden and its not very good. We're 1-3-3 against them. Our only victory over them was in the 11/12 season in the BS Premier league. We've lost twice and tied twice since. They are 4:7 favorites at home.

More lineup changes with injuries and fatigue:

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Fenton/Thomas/Ogogo
MC: Pulis/O'Sullivan
AM: Clapham/Downes
ST: Subotic/Pablo

Nick Fenton has played in 6 matches this year nd done poorly. I'm not happy about needing to start him.

7': We earn a couple corners.. the second is placed beautifuly by Clapham to Fenton, the keeper dives out to try to punch it away and misses completely, the net is open, and Fenton puts it over the bar.

27': Very little action, 5 shots total and i've only seen a couple in highlights.

34': Rushden with a long through ball, a little too long though, their striker gets it near the end line way too far right and can only manage to shoot it into the side netting.

40': Fenton is hurt on the offensive end during a corner kick, and his day is done immediately. Williams comes in off the bench.

HALF: We're playing with a defensive mindset so I'm pretty happy to see the half fly by with few highlights of us defending. We each have 3 shots, none on target. Possession is 52/48, stats are pretty even all around. Maybe we could squeak out a goal but I'd be thrilled to keep this up. It looks like Rushden has been playing a lot lately too, Sam Smith shows at 59% energy level at the half, a couple other guys in the 60% range.

50': Complete defensive breakdown. Rushden controls the ball in the middle of the field, a through ball to the penalty spot... and no one goes for it. Our DCs are just not in position and not tracking to the ball. Lynch makes a great save but there's a rebound put into an open net. 0-1

58': We control the ball in their end, a through ball to Downes on the right side of the area but they close in and tackle it away before he can shoot. They clear but Nikolaou very aggressively comes up after picking up the ball at midfield on the clearance, he puts a ball deep on the left side, Pablo runs on to it but the angle it too tough, he basically plays it right across the net and it goes behind for a goal kick.

60': O'Sullivan goes down hard... and he has to come out. His day is over. Ball is in.

69': After a little possession in the middle Ball plays a great ball forward to Subotic, he picks it up in the area... but seems to strugle with it and can't get a shot off.

71': NOOO. We intercept a poor pass on their end and there's a long ball played forward to Pablo, he receives it and has a breakaway against the keeper... he pulls u pabout 15 yards away... and its just wide. Clear cut strike and he blew it. That was our chance to tie it.

83': Sloma in for Clapham who picks up an injury that hopefully isn't as badas the other two we've had today, this could be terrible. We'll try to attack to get the tying goal.

Nothing happens the rest of the way.

Rushden 1 : 0 Woking

I'm pretty much furious with Pablo. I sympathise with eveyrone else for the loss and get Pablo the "express your anger at his performance" pep talk separately.

Nikolaou plays well, 7.3. Pulis and O'Sullivan were in there with a 7.1 and 7.0 as well. Clapham struggled and put up a 5.9 and pablo had a 5.5 with the big failure to get us a draw here.

Injury Update

--O'Sullivan has a knee injury, 4 weeks

--Fenton is out 5-6 weeks with an ankle injury.

O'Sullivan is a better player but Fenton is a bigger loss. We have a lot of MC depth. With Christian Smith already hurt losing Fenton is really bad.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote