View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #222
Radii
Head Coach

--Fans were pleased at our draw on the road against Macclesfield.

--Kevin Lynch resumes full training. Thank god.

February 22nd, 2014

Exeter (12-9-11, 13th) @ Woking (9-12-11, 17th)

Exeter are only 5:4 favorites today, we're 7:4. That's about as even as we've seen in awhile. We tied them at their place October 1st in league play, then lost to them at their place October 9th in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Pablo scored all 3 of our goals against them. Their striker Luke Daley has 12 goals and is their biggest threat by far. We're going to try to close down on him quickly.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Harsanyi/Pablo

Nikolaou is fully recovered from his little injury and is in the lineup today again.

1': Exeter with a long run down the right side, we knock a cross behind... corner comes to nothing.

4': Ogogo goes down and has a bit of an injury, another Exeter attack and corner. We struggle to clear this one out but eventually do.

9': Some nice passing is finally shut down earning us a corner. Pablo takes it short to Williams. Williams turns by his man, holds for a moment, then fires a shot hard into the upper left corner of the net by the keeper!!! 1-0

12': Downes with a long run down the right, he gets his cross into the area, Harsanyi meets it but its saved by the keeper, deflected wide to Jesus who puts it back into the area but its cleared out.

23': A long free kick taken by Downes, he fires it into the area, Smith brings it down, they try to clear but fail, Harsanyi runs onto it and puts it into the back of the net!!! 2-0 This may be our first goal by a forward in like 15 matches, no exaggeration. I think his drought was up over 1100 minutes.

27': We're defending, tehy're passing it around outside our box, Chandler randomly turns and strikes from 25 yards out and Lynch just doens't get there... sheesh. 2-1

37': Pablo receives a pass about 30 yards out, his man is injured... he turns by him and burns him easily, into the box, he shoots... saved by the keeper, deflected back for a corner that we do nothing with.

43': Smith picks up a yellow for a tackle out near midfield

45': Jesus with a great run down the left side and we have 3 men charging into the penalty area, but his cross is a very poor one and is cleared out.

HALF: We lead but this seems like the type of match where 2 goals may not be enough here. We have 10 shots, 5 of them on target and we have 1 clear cut strike, I believe it was Harsanyi's goal. Exeter has 4 shots, only one on target. Possession is 50/50. We were attacking all half, we'll dorp back to a standard mindset for the second half.

65': Deep throwin by Exeter, they give it right back to the man that throws it in, he passes it up high, there's a cross... header... goal. We did nothing to disrupt anything that they were doing, we let all that happen. 2-2

72': Anane in for Ogogo, Fenton in for Smith. We're back on the attack. I don't care about a point here, lets try to score some more!

Nope, no more opportunities.

Woking 2 : 2 Exeter

Maybe I should have backed off and gone defensive but we've played these guys to high scoring games 3 times and I wanted to keep some pressure on them. Jamie Chandler for Exeter gets both their goals and is man of teh match. We get goals from Williams (7.9) and Harsanyi (7.3). Assists from Downes (8.0) and Pablo (7.1). Nikolaou with a 7.0 in the back. Ogogo sucked it up today putting up a 5.8 rating.

Harsanyi went 1210 minutes without a goal before the one he had today. Unbelievable.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote