View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #526
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Girish Girsh -- 1st singles. You've got to be awfully good to be disappointed in a 24-2 start. Still, there's no question Girsh is in a slump, he could easily have lost in Miami as well. Last year was his best on the clay, highlighted by a title in Rome -- I don't see him repeating those exploits this year.

Anil Mehul -- 4th singles, 1041st to 1045th doubles. A first Slam final in over a year was followed by Mehul's worst combined results at IW/Miami in seven seasons. Mooljee will get him soon but even then I expect him to have enough to stay ahead of the rest for a while longer.

Prakash Mooljee -- 8th to 5th singles, 545th to 2418th doubles. A spectacular start to the year with 24 straight wins. The loss to McCuskey still stings as he could have jumped into 4th right away, but as mentioned continued progress during the clay season is expected. Mooljee's goal right now is to get there before RG, and reach #2 by the end of Wimbledon.

Shyam Senepathy -- 69th to 61st singles. He's started creeping closer to the Top 50 again, with a tier-1 challenger title and another final showing. The need for more time off is taking it's toll now though.

Ritwik Dudwadkar -- 8th to 14th juniors. Part of this decline was expected, but he also had a couple of unfortunate losses to Heinen. In order to stay in reasonable position for the big events, Dudwadkar needs a good result next time out. I'm not sure if that will be before the tier-A(juniors version of Masters) Italian Open in a little over a month or not.

Manager Ranking -- 1st, 47.2k to 48.2k points.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-10-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote