View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #378
timmae
College Starter

Thoughts on Telle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Vote Telle

Someone always has to break the ice. And I have a VERY good reason this time! I don't trust people with spreadsheets. They are the tools of Lucifer. And probably wolves too. But definitely Satan.

Early D1 Wolf CW votes Telle. Likely doesn't happen if she is a wolf partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So who among us has played one of these kinds of games before? Any insights that'll help?

With no reveal upon death we'll have no way of knowing how the votes went until the Seer or Priest out themselves. And we have to hope we don't accidentally vote either one and that they both survive night kills.

Three botched votes ends the game in favor of the wolves, and each botched vote increases the odds that we hit the See or Priest with the next one. Should the Priest and Seer stay quiet until Day 3 and then reveal all they know? Or should the Priest come out Day 2 and the Seer Day 3? I'm leaning towards the latter because I want to know more sooner and not cross my fingers that we don't fuck up Day 3 but I'm not sure if that's the smart move or not. Thoughts?

A bit of hunting. A good sign overall for villagers.

Quote:
Well thanks for your gut-led vote of confidence, timmae. Of course if you're a wolf then you know I'm a villager, so you could just be blowing smoke to get in my good graces.

My problem is that I'm the very first vote-getter, so I lose any ties unless Coffee decides to go elsewhere. I can self-defense vote for Render, but then he'll do the same and I die. I need more movement to survive.

This is end of D1 near lynch. I don't think that Wolf Telle points out strategy for Wolf CW because if he moves his vote to save her from Villager Render then it looks quite bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Okay ... Telle. Again.

On one hand, I get it. Complete survival move, and got a last second push to vote someone else.

On the other hand, I hate that it was such a simple, easy target.

On the other other hand, she herself points out a few hours prior that she believes the wolves are highly unlikely to be either of the inactives. (I personally don't buy into that all that much - I've played many games where a wolf was an idle one, but it's a reasonable theory.) So she's saving herself as a vanilla villager by moving to the vote to someone else she believes it a villager ... and thusly upping the odds of hitting a role.

On the other other other hand, idle players are a pain in the ass.

On the other other other OTHER hand, it was a day 1 vote. Shit happens.

This bugs me, though.

Early D2 would Wolf CW push Telle for being wolfy when she just escaped the lynch? Likely not.

End of D2 when I claimed Wolf Telle could have been silent as I was in the lead and under pressure. Instead she was pushing a possible vote move.

KEY POST is #329.

Quote:
Did you unvote first? I have you as being on EagleFan post #304

At that point Render jumped from me to Coffee Warlord making it 3 votes each. If Telle was a wolf then no way would she point out to CF that his vote on CW doesn't count because he didn't unvote. Wolf Telle would let it ride and hope no one else catches it. Thus saving CW due to LHV. That act cause CW to be lynched and not me. Could a wolf pull this move, possibly. Would there be any incentive to though is the key item. Going into D3 with 2 wolves is way more important.

I read Telle as exactly what she claimed. Vanilla villager.