View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #381
timmae
College Starter

Thoughts on Jackal (in this world view our wolf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I feel like there was another version we played where the seer nailed wolves with their first two scans and dominated it, though I've played so many rule sets I could be mis-remembering

Feels like an ok entry post. Village tone.

Mid day D1 has a few middle of the road posts with gameplay thoughts.

Quote:
I'm always torn with people who say nothing on d1. They're asking for attention, but on the other hand, what if they're genuinely busy and have an important role?

Sticks in the middle here.

He is ok with a train on brit or mau at the end of the day. As wolf he could be protecting render or telle here but unlikely as that would draw some attention. Ending up voting on inactive player in brit which is a vote on the unknown sorc.

Quote:
so, looking at things from last night, it seems to me more likely that Telle is telling the truth and made a risky (i.e. could be nailing an inactive seer unintentionally) VV decision, and I can't fault self preservation even if you may want to genuinely make the sacrifice as a VV in this small a game. Plus, it's nice having people alive that participate!

that said it's not out of the realm of possibility that she was slow playing it -- render had less to be concerned about because of the oldest vote being on telle, but I likely would have expected an earlier fake reveal from a wolf on the chopping block, rather than waiting until the last 5-10 minutes to plea for pushing onto someone inactive. I see both sides of things, but at the moment I lean towards VV naivety.

D2 he starts by staying in the middle of whether telle is villager or not and leans villager.

Quote:
It's really hard to say anything about CF at this point. Is it a wolf hiding in inactivity or are we picking off inactive villagers? Being this was my first game in awhile, I definitely forgot about it for a few hours yesterday while I was working, but it's been a long time since CF's last post

Honestly not sure what to make of CW, I see what you're saying about the jokey vibe, but it also feels like what I recall of CW's playstyle.

Also, not sure anyone is worthy of being a "trusted ally" at this point with 0 trusted reveals/trusted information

This is another middling post with no concrete stance of good versus evil.

Quote:
the CF bat signal worked perfectly

This post pushes more suspicion onto CF and votes CF.

Quote:
I pulled my vote off CF because

1) I asked him to contribute and to his credit, he did
2) his weird actions (the vote that didn't count, the self vote) would be more of a sorcerer than a wolf move, if he's a baddie

Over explains when he pulls his vote off of CF.

I took note during my read through he never mentions whether he thinks I am good or evil but places a 4th vote on me late in D2. Overall he has not pushed anyone too hard and has played middle of the road. I truly think he is our wolf that was reading me as the sorc.

This read has more to do with being sold that Telle and CF likely are not wolves based on daily interactions with CW. Both of them absolutely could make a super awesome play and be wolves but I feel like that is unlikely. My gut tells me Render is village and Jackal is wolf.