hoopsguy
General Manager

6/14: 175.7
6/23: 174.6
6/30: 174.9
7/5: 175.1
7/12: 174.8
7/19: 174.0

Weird week. Our daughter was staying with grandparents this week so I had a couple date nights with my wife and also had another work happy hour to host. Not a recipe for good eating. Coupled with scaling back on my mileage for running due to being cautious with a minor injury (have 5k and 10k next week) and my frustrating inability to walk away from Coke ... well, it could have been a lousy week.

However, I did a good job with portion control outside of those dinners. The weight today feels fairly consistent with the overall weights I've been seeing for the past three weeks if not necessarily on Saturday mornings.

Eating/alcohol should be normalized for next week. Exercise will probably be a little low in terms of mileage, but pushing for peak performance for the 5k (and 10k a week from today, but that will be after the 7/26 weigh-in) so I expect that to be good on that front as well. Would be great to finally break through the caffeine headaches that keep pushing me back for a coke/day, but I think emphasis this week will be more on healthy eating and sufficient sleep.

Edit: had a nice moment yesterday after our daughter returned home and asked me, "did you get skinnier while I was gone?" And I think that is happening, as I've moved a notch on the belt and am struggling to find the right fit on my running watch that I've used without ever thinking about this for the past year.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-19-2014 at 09:52 AM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote