View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #275
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We play SCAC 2 today. SCAC 2 lost to SCAC 1 (who we beat 6-0), the Blue Hawks (we beat 18-6), the Titans, and the SG 1 (called 'The Impact'). All four teams are quality teams, so losing to them is nothing to be ashamed of. Their three wins, however, came against the bottom feeders. They beat the Steelers, the Seahawks, and the Raiders.

That means they haven't played any of our league's teams. I didn't see them play as I watched future opponents, either. I'm going into this game somewhat blind.

I'm fortunate enough to have found some photos of their team on the field provided by their proud parents, but the usefulness of those is limited. It appears this team will line up in shotgun and throw the ball as well as use a 3 back set. We'll have our hands full.

Defensively, they look like they've very multiple. I've seen them line up with 2 to 4 defensive linemen. We'll probably try running Trojan on them right off the bat and see how it looks.

Practice wise, it was hard to practice without knowing our opponent. We worked on tackling and blocking fundamentals for the most part, as well as lining up for just about everything on defense. We worked on the craptacular trick plays "Wrong Ball" and "Isn't that a penalty?" as well.

Offensively, the only new thing I put in for that pro set was a counter.

Connor will once again be out for this game. Jacob missed Thursday's practice with a fever, but his dad assured me that his son would be there for the game.

Thursday's practice was even more limited as we cut practice early so the boys could go to the local high school game, which is traditionally played on Thursday of this week as teams get ready for the playoffs.

This will be one long day of games. After our game, the Bulldogs play the Titans in the 1st bracket's competition. I will be announcing that game. The next game is our future opponent, win or lose. If we win, we play the winner, if we lose we play the loser. It's between the Trojans and SCAC 3. I've seen SCAC 3 play three times this season, I'll be ready for them. Following that, it's the Tigers vs. The Impact in another 1st bracket match. Following those? 11-12 yr old competition, where some undefeated teams lock horns, one of which is a local team.

I'm sticking around for all of those!