View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #508
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Dover Player Retirements and Other Departures

-- For the first time that I can remember, we have absolutely no players either retiring or leaving the club without a deal. We do give outright releases to six U18 players: ST Eddie Robinson, ST Jim Ryan, MR/ST Pete Smith, MC Phil Whitbread, DL Shane Holmes and MC Jay Doyle all are released without contract offers. None of these players suited up for our senior team and won’t be missed. Expect a few more former U18 players to get released soon as well.

Transfer Market Plans

-- After a treble winning season and no major player departures, we have very few holes and will only be looking to add some depth and perhaps add a few talented youngsters that could possibly take over for some of our slightly aging starters.

-- I will need to replace Shanon Andrea, who essentially was our #3 or #4 striker last year but I do have two players that have returned from loan spells in Orlando Scolari and former huge signing Giorgos Gesios. I may give them each a chance to stick around but if I find a really talented player, I’ll definitely look to make a splash.

-- Another big need is a backup left midfielder for the excellent Arsene Bamba. After selling Helder Cruz last year, we essentially made due with Rafinha as a backup there but he’s a natural fullback and better suited along the back four. We could also use additional depth at right fullback and central midfield.

World's Richest Club List

-- Real Madrid maintain their status as the world’s richest club for a third straight season, with an estimated value of £797 million, DOWN a whopping £53 million compared to last year. Barca are at £700 million (down £30 million from last year and down a monstrous 119 million in the last two years). Manchester United climb up the list and are the highest valued English club at £418 million (up 21 million from last year). City climb from 8th to fifth at £410 million, up 69 million over last year! Arsenal fall to sixth, Chelsea are in 8th and Tottenham is 11th. We continue to move up the list, going from 27th up to 23rd with a value of £136 million, up £24 million from last year.

July Board Confidence Update

-- The board are very pleased with my overall leadership. Our Champions League win continues to be the highlight while our sale of fan favourite striker Shanon Andrea is a slight disappointment.

-- We recorded a loss last month of £2.26 million in June.

Transfer News

-- We have an offer come in for MC Shaun Spall, who was loaned out last year after I had a falling out with him over playing time, or lack thereof. He’s under contract for one more year and Wolves offer me £2 million plus clauses but no up front money. I offer out Spall to other clubs and we’ll see if I get a better offer but I’m likely going to accept the deal.

-- We also get NINE offers for our third string goalkeeper Mathis Imbert, with all nine clubs offering me £2.5 million plus clauses. I accept eight of the nine offers, with only Villarreal’s rejected due to lack of up front money.

Contract Status

- We have a number of key players in the last year of their contract: DC Rayane Hamon is the only starter and I’ll look to get him extended soon. Of the others, we’ll look at extending ST Zoltan Bardi, MC Andrea Rocca, young DC Mwemere Mutesa, DC Mohamed Lamine Yilmaz and U18 sensation ML Felix Hernandez. Others with expiring deals include ST Giorgos Gesios, ST Orlando Scolari, MC Rafael Ramirez, MC Shaun Spall and DL Carlos Guzman.

Manager, Team & Stadium Status and Media Expectations

I’m in the third year of a four year contract paying me over £2.2 million per season. My loyalty to players rating hits 100% for the first time, as I’ve essentially had the same starting lineup for two plus years. On the other hand, my domestic player bias drops to 25%.

We raise our single ticket prices by almost £3.00, a pretty large increase. Similarly, we really hike the season ticket price, with a whopping 20%+ price increase! Our estimated value continues to increase and our transfer budget is at record high levels this year.

We upgraded both our training and youth facilities last year and plans are underway to do the same thing again. I’ve struck out in trying to get a new stadium built and unless we sell out the majority of our games this year, I don’t see much hope in the future of this getting done. Additionally, it looks like we’ve run out of room at our current ground to expand.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 08-16-2014 at 06:46 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote