View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #514
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Fri. July 19, 2024

Preseason Friendly
St. Pat’s Athletic (Ireland) vs. Dover
Richmond Park, Dublin, Ireland

Ireland’s Premier Division isn’t playable in my gaming world so I have no idea how these guys have been faring over the years. I expect that they’ll be in tough today.

The only player getting a second consecutive start is new striker Manuel Lugo. We continue to rotate the squad in order to get everyone fully fit.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - I. Wilke
D - C. Guzman, M. Yilmaz, S. Nasri, S. Loucif
M - A. Bamba, Jose, A. Rocca, G. Allan
S - M. Lugo, Chiquinho

St. Pat’s 0 - 6 Dover
Goals - Chiquinho 4 (9.8), Jose (9.0), Graham Allan (8.9)
Assists - Andrea Rocca 2 (9.2), Mohamed Lamine Yilmaz (8.7), Arsene Bamba (8.1), Adam Hyde (6.9)
Man of the Match - Chiquinho
Other Dover Notables - Ingo Wilke (7.1), Salim Loucif (8.8), Saber Nasri (8.2), Carlos Guzman (8.2)
Attendance - 4,842

We were a bit sluggish early but then Chiquinho turned on the skill and put on an incredible, vintage performance, with 11 shots (!!!) by him alone. He was everywhere. Manuel Lugo was the only starter with a rating below 7.0 and he looked LOST - not good at all for our £19 million man. Adam Hyde is a recent graduate of our U18 program and will only feature with the reserves this year.

Transfer News

-- Out of favour midfielder Shaun Spall REJECTS a contract offer from Wolves and he’s still hanging around here. I put him back on the market and one team offers to bring him in on loan while Wolves come calling again too. Good luck with that guys! I accept both offers but expect Spall to take the loan offer.

-- The last of my major targets agrees to terms with us but will need a work permit. The 19 year old right fullback looks to be full of promise and hopefully the permit is granted.

U18 Transfer IN

-- We continue to add talent to our U18 roster, signing M/AM RC Vlastimil Silhavy on a free after he was recently released by Jablonec. He’s a 1.0/2.5 type of guy but comes in with a value of £1.4 million so perhaps he can be sold in the future. He should perform well for our youth squad.

Pitch Size Alterations

-- We have used the largest possible pitch in every year I’ve been a manager and with the highest speed in the league, there is no reason to change my philosophy now. No changes are made!

Next Up

-- We head to France for our two game foreign tour. We’ll face Olympique Lyonnais and Paris Saint-Germain.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 08-17-2014 at 07:05 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote