View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #34
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

October 6, 2016

My two week radiation wash out period is now over. Unfortunately, I don't know anything more about when my treatment is supposed to start. When I was at Emory for my screening process, I requested getting my day set up, but was told that they needed to work through Monique (my onboarding coordinator), and she was currently unavailable. They were going to reach out to her to get that set up though. I asked again on Friday when I was talking with the receptionist about my rash, and I followed up again yesterday and was told they were working on it at that minute. Of course, I still haven't been contacted. It's really quite frustrating, and honestly I expected more from Emory.

On a personal note (which I figure I should share otherwise this becomes more of a log of doctor's visits), a couple of days ago I had probably my first real overwhelming emotional moment while I was at work. I was listening to music on Spotify and St. Judy's Comet came on. That's the song that I sang to my boys when they were babies and I was putting them to bed. I hadn't heard the song in years and it brought back so many memories and emotions for my current situation that I was overwhelmed. I really struggled for quite some time to get myself back together. I was close to just heading home it was so impactful. Honestly, just writing about the experience is difficult...

Hopefully, I'll hear from Emory today - If I do, I'll update the thread.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-06-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote