View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #293
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Should I be offended I am not invited to this "strike squad" Vision?

Not at all, Professor. Allow me to restate my intent, as perhaps I wasn't doing my thinking "out loud", so to speak:

I believe, within the framework of this world, there are nuances to our actions, and it is clear that each of us, loyal and disloyal alike, would have particular strengths and weaknesses.

The Surfer, Hulk, Magneto, I, and assuredly others as well, have abilities which manifest themselves as otherwordly power, of a physical or direct nature. Reed Richards has proven himself numerous times to be equal to the enterprise of standing in the way of Galactus' designs.

Others among us, let's use Punisher as an example, are not as suited to this task. Punisher is supremely suited to getting answers from people, and taking lethal action when it is called for. Place Punisher in the way of Galactus, however, and we will fail to effect so much as a shrug or a blink.

Now to the mission brought to us by Mister Sinister. Would we dispatch the redoubtable Hulk to such an effort? I'd think not. Hulk has strength on the scale of the very gods. One does not use an axe when a scalpel is called for.

To sum up my... vision... of your role, Charles, I'd say that the current mission requires an accomplished telepath. This appears to be covered by the Fifth Prelate, Ms. Grey. I see your talents to be invaluable toward helping us find our enemies right here at home.

And, should you or someone else find cause to distrust an individual among us, and put forth a compelling argument to their guilt, rest assured... the power of the Vision shall be brought to bear!!!