View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

USC was a lot of fun to play for 5 years. Hopefully some of the lessons I learned there are equally applicable across town

Expectations are high for recruiting, based on past success convincing students to attend USC. I have tried to explain to the administration that recruiting UCLA and USC are different animals, but I know that we have to deliver in this area if we are ever to successfully compete with the Trojans.

Our first signee is center Nick Moore. We hope that Nick is able to come in and start as a freshman.

We add on DE Ronald Smith. There were some rumors that he didn't want us pursuing him, but that appears to have been a false rumor spread by someone intent on underming us ... wonder who that might be? Ronald should get snaps immediately.

WRs Cliff Byrum and Ben Jackson - we now have a very deep group of receivers, trick is going to be to keep everyone happy. But our QBs should be very pleased with their weapons next year.

We are scouring the west coast for fullbacks and defensive tackles. No DTs worth a damn on this side of the Mississippi and no FBs interested in playing at UCLA. Hopefully we can overcome some of the holes on this team next season.

Time to hear about guys going pro - I recall that Gray was looking but don't know about other guys on the team ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote