View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:52 AM   #22
Emmett13
Mascot

2039 Roster Changes

After the season was over, our prestige jumped up to High from Above Average which was a major boon, but we did lose a few important players.

Brandon Vanderwal, 6'2", 175, Newark, New Jersey

Like I said in the previous post, ended up being the MVP of the team and the only reason we even qualified to make the tournament before we got hot and made a nice run. Was able to play off the ball quite a bit with the emergence of ONeal and shot the lights out. Really became a prototype for me for a point guard.

Jacob El Darwich "the Darwich", 6'5", 226, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Highly ranked out of high school and had some really strong offensive games, but was just very hot and cold and not to be depended on. Low efficiency players are nobody's favorite.

And one surprise transfer:

Brandan Wimberly, 6'7", 198, Kingfisher, Oklahoma

I don't remember the circumstances, I'm pretty sure I kept my minutes promise to him, but one way or the other he left. I was disappointed that he took off, because he had the makings of a very strong defensive wing. But, he couldn't shoot, didn't finish around the rim, and wasn't creative off the dribble. So, no great loss. He ended up at conference foe WVU and did okay.

Travis Tomic was also cut at the end of the year freeing up another scholarship. He didn't transfer to another school and that was the end of his D1 experience.

Last edited by Emmett13 : 03-21-2024 at 01:53 AM.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote