View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 08:55 AM   #35
AnalBumCover
College Starter

We just came back from a 5-night trip to Oahu, staying at Aulani with my wife and 10yo daughter.

If you're fully vaccinated, upload your vaccine card to Hawaii's Safe Travels website. They will send you a QR code which you will scan at the departing airport (the final leg, if you're doing one or more stops) who will give you a wristband which allows to you entry to the islands and whisk you through the arriving airport. If you do not get the wristband at the departing airport, you'll need to scan your QR at the arriving airport.

A separate profile/login will be needed for each adult traveler. Any minors will be included to an adult profile as a "companion traveler". You would also upload their Vaccine cards to your profile. 12 and under are exempt from the required upload.

In Oahu, we did standard tourist-y stuff: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa (north side), Dole Plantation and Polynesian Cultural Center. Pearl Harbor and Swap Meet at the Stadium. Luau at Aulani.

The highlights for our kid were the Polynesian Cultural Center and the Luau.

Though we didn't do any hiking on this trip, I hear Waimea Falls up north and Diamond Head are must-do hikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Also while in Hawaii, you have to try Malasadas. Portuguese donuts. God damn it, those were delicious, I still think about them.

Also, Loco Moco. It is weird, but a staple. Must try, worth doing once.

Malasadas were really good. As for the Loco Moco, I had from three different places. The best one in my opinion came from the Island Country Market (an ABC Store) across the street from Aulani.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 02-14-2022 at 09:03 AM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote