View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 09:21 AM   #37
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
We just came back from a 5-night trip to Oahu, staying at Aulani with my wife and 10yo daughter.

If you're fully vaccinated, upload your vaccine card to Hawaii's Safe Travels website. They will send you a QR code which you will scan at the departing airport (the final leg, if you're doing one or more stops) who will give you a wristband which allows to you entry to the islands and whisk you through the arriving airport. If you do not get the wristband at the departing airport, you'll need to scan your QR at the arriving airport.

A separate profile/login will be needed for each adult traveler. Any minors will be included to an adult profile as a "companion traveler". You would also upload their Vaccine cards to your profile. 12 and under are exempt from the required upload.

In Oahu, we did standard tourist-y stuff: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa (north side), Dole Plantation and Polynesian Cultural Center. Pearl Harbor and Swap Meet at the Stadium. Luau at Aulani.

The highlights for our kid were the Polynesian Cultural Center and the Luau.

Though we didn't do any hiking on this trip, I hear Waimea Falls up north and Diamond Head are must-do hikes.

Malasadas were really good. As for the Loco Moco, I had from three different places. The best one in my opinion came from the Island Country Market (an ABC Store) across the street from Aulani.

The eats are helpful! You can kindof read Yelp reviews and whatnot but it's not the same. I'm pretty sure I've had masaladas here in Houston around like Mardi Gras time. It sounds really familiar.

ABC, the vaccine information jives with what I was seeing online. Just need to upload our vaccine card. Wife and I are both boosted, son is vaccinated - so we're all good there.

The Polynesian cultural center looks like a good stop on a lot of lists. Dole Plantation seems like a good item on the list. The friend I talked to said Diamond Head for sure. I'll look up the falls but that name is familiar.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling about doing a lot of indoor stuff but I think we're more willing to do that now than before since our son is now in school (we had been doing homeschool until he went back in January after getting his shot in December). We'll see.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote