Thread: 2018 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #586
Drake
assmaster

Every time I think I've gotten over being a pre-2004 Sox fan, I get reminded by games like last night's that the pessimist is still in there. By the 7th inning of last night, I was ready to concede that game and go into "it's okay, we'll get them tomorrow" mode -- which is an improvement over "OMG, it's all about to go horribly wrong AGAIN" (pre-2004 mode) -- but then the team proves me wrong and does something awesome.

I'm pretty happy that it was Pearce and Moreland that turned this game around. Moreland has sort of been the odd man out/forgotten guy since JD arrived, though he's quietly accepted his role and just kept contributing. Pearce is just that journeyman gamer that I want to see do well. (Saw an article the other day about how he's now played for every team in the AL East, but he's been a Sox fan since childhood, so getting traded to Boston was a lifelong dream. So a game like last night's just hits me right in the feels.)

ETA: I'm really sort of glad that we didn't end up playing Milwaukee. When you've got the biggest payroll in baseball, out-talenting a small market club just feels cheesy with the embarrassment of riches we've had in the last 15 years. (I still have mixed feelings about the 2007 WS win over Colorado.) But I don't mind it so much against LA, since they're not exactly pinching pennies, either. The only bummer for me in this series is that Kershaw is my favorite non-Sox MLBer, and I'd really like to see him get a ring, so I feel bad rooting against him.

Last edited by Drake : 10-28-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote