View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quest Calendar 2022: The Gates of Terralon

Just before the new year, I was greeted with a Facebook Ad that actually interested me. A daily calendar with a RPG twist. My character will be greeted with a new task nearly every day (Saturday and Sunday are combined).

I rolled the dice, so to speak, and bought it. I've been playing through the brief prologue the past couple of weeks with Commander Royce Barrington, a human commander. Royce has served The Great High King Maruck Vulgaar for 20 years. Royce was tasked with destroying their world of demons with the Zenith Bomb. To do so, he needed to travel with his army to the Sun Temple.

It was a slow push through, but I rolled for stuff, chose my weapon, and then travelled to the Sun Temple. I chose a Northern route, because it took me through the woods...the Southern route appeared to be a path down by a river. I then met up with a guardian that was protecting the Divine Gate in the Sun Temple. He asked me a riddle and I defeated it.

Going through the Divine Gate, my army was met with demons. I fought four of them and did well...but the next day I had three more to fight and the struggle became real. I took damage and eventually passed through to the Demonic Temple.

I had two paths to take...left or right. I chose left because, well, the right side looked like it could lead into a maze. I went into a room with what appeared to be a sacrificial altar. I found a locked compartment on it, broke the lock (strength roll), and received a health potion.

I moved on to the next room and was greeted with a medium sized snarling beast...but the light wasn't good enough to see it well. The darn thing got a bite on me before I was able to make it to the portal chamber. I'm supposed to set up the Zenith Bomb in this chamber. Unfortunately my rolls against Intellect and Wisdom did not go well. I eventually get the Bomb set, but not before a Gate Guardian hits me. I swap blows the Guardian over this past weekend, but I was not able to defeat it. It eventually fleed as it sensed the Zenith Bomb was about to blow. Royce perishes as the Zenith Bomb explodes...but the Gate will be destroyed as well.

In case you are interested, the game can be found here at sundialgames.com

You can buy the calendar, dice, what have you or have you not there as well.

Last edited by Poli : 01-19-2022 at 10:47 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote