View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #403
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
thanks

I keep surprising myself. This is all new stuff to me. Looking at the heart rate data I'm thinking I could have (or should have) pushed myself harder. Then again, I was venturing in the unknown. A bit more than two weeks ago, I had never really run and went out for some 5k of run and walk which I've been steadily increasing since then. My longest run prior to today was 7.2 km done just last Thursday. I'm still very much testing my limits... Today was a good test.

FM

10k at 5min per k, is a very good time, specially since you recently started to run and looking at your heart rate, you can do it way better. In my attempt yesterday, where i did my best time with 6:38 per k, my heart rate average was over 170, and in the last K i reached my top of 192bpm and sustained it until the end, so it means basically that i gave all that i had. You did a great time and still had a lot in your tank, you are in way better shape than you thought, congrats!

As for me, i expected to do yesterday 10k at just under 7m per k (my best was 7:12 per k) but felt good towards the end and did 6:38 as i said before.

Before that, I had planned to start a 12 weeks training plan to run the 10k in under 6:30, but seeing how close i was, i'm going to take the next level and start a 10k under 6 minutes per k 12 weeks training plan.

Last edited by Icy : 06-17-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote