View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #82
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I have exactly the same raised garden kit, mine is setup but unplanted as we had a gardening mix-up. We have gardeners and they turned up and sprayed weedkiller over the whole backyard, so waiting a few weeks before starting the raised garden.

Other than that, I got a "survival essentials" seed pack for Christmas, so I have 8 containers on my deck with zucchini, beets, egg plant, beans, brussel sprouts, parsnips, cucumber and peas all sprouting from seeds.

Current plan for the raised garden is to buy tomato plants (cheating, I know) for one side, and hopefully transplant a mix on the other side from my containers when i need to thin them out.

And with that, it's time for me to wander out to the garden and check on my leaf-babies.
Pics pls k thx when you get a chance!

As for me, I planted just about everything this weekend. I had to make a choice, as I'm going to be out of town for a week. I thought it better to have everything in the ground and risk frost rather than asking someone to bring stuff inside and/or manage the greenhouse all weekend. Early tomorrow morning seems to be our last reasonable chance of frost. The low is forecast to be around 40, but that's in the main part of town. Typically, 37-38 in town means light patchy frost out here. Fingers crossed! After tonight, it looks like frost chances are next to nil.

I did keep a few tomatoes, basil, and squash out of the garden in case I have to make some replacements, plenty of seeds are leftover (I mean, I planted seeds in the ground in late April last year, so starting over wouldn't be horrible for most stuff,) and I have several cloths to cover stuff up if I need to.

Anyway, here are pics of the current status:

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote