View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #154
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip

My question to the group, have any of you had a colicky baby? Did they after growing out of it and develop temper problems? Will it ever end?

From a Dad-Husband who has shouldered financial problems, depressed wife, many immediate family crisis and of course my own day to day problems.

Help Me

I can tell you Bea that I have been there, and it was not fun at all. It was a very trying time for us. But I am happy to say that it does indeed end.

Zach our middle child had it horrible. He would cry for hours and hours, and I would be reduced to a trembling, crying mass that resembled a Jello Jiggler. He is one of the most well adjusted, kind hearted and socially outgoing 3 yr olds that I have ever seen. So don't worry about the long term effects of it. Just pray it ends.

We also went throught the PPD as well. My wife was miserable, and our situation was similar to yours. As soon as she started taking meds things improved, however it didn't really end until much later. It also seems to have made her more susceptible to depression in general, as we have to deal with her and seasonal affective disorder during the overcast winter months in Cincy.

I know the burden of shouldering the load, if you have seen any of my rescent posts here you will see what I am talking about and you are spot on. For us, as the years have moved on, I find that the challenges never diminish and that your sanity is brought into question. Just remember that if you don't take care of yourself your family may really struggle. Try and make sure that you are getting what you need too, so that you can continue to support your family. The early years are the hardest, and as your kids age, the pressure ever so slowly lifts.

Hang in there and PM me if you need to chat.

PM

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote