View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #169
ibnsgirl
H.S. Freshman Team

Hi y'all!

I hardly even logged in for almost 3 weeks, so I'm just getting caught up on everything.

Congrats, vex! This is so exciting! A baby definitely changes everything, but the trip is worth it!

Bea -- As Tony said, Lucy was not colicky, but we have had our moments. Technically, Lucy is more of a "high-needs" baby in that she is very alert and active (read: draining at times), and knows what she wants but gets frustrated and can fall apart somewhat easily. As Tony also said, she is a riot, loves people (ok, just us but that will work itself out later), and learns very quickly.
Back to the point -- I have a question: am I to assum that your daughter isn’t suffering with colic still, but that you are anxious about her behavior? Just want to make sure that I am reading it correctly.

Kevin -- the last month was not all that easy, though I still think 24 hour sickness was worse. I know the holidays are upon us, and that is going to add stress/pressure to get everything done pre-baby. If we can help in any way, let us know.

Our 5 day trip to see the family went pretty darn well. I guess that the worst part was that Lucy's sleep schedule at night has been a bit out of whack since then.
Basically only Tony or I held her, so that dramatically reduced her crying. She really didn't have any meltdowns due to overtiredness either.
My relationship with the in-laws has suffered of late, but at least I don't think that this trip added anything to that. So all in all, a successful trip!!
Thanks to my supporters: TonyR (SA Griffins FC), sterlingice (Houston Hippopotami), TK (Real Terps FC), the notorious pirate AE (Puke Green Sox FC), Krondor (Krondor Lancers), Dark Affair (Orient Express), and tucker rocky (Jacksonville Kickers).
ibnsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote