View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #174
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze
Hey Satch,

We are meeting with Brett's teachers in a couple weeks to try and come up with a plan that will meet his needs in all areas. Basically, finding him contemporaries Mentaly, Physically, and Emotionally, and that won't be easy because his levels are so diverse. We are leaning towards a mentor from a higher grade, and the gifted program, but that won't solve everything. Since you mentioned that Brett sounds like your daughter, do you have any suggestions?

Actually, my daughter is younger than your son, so we are still working with her. Her councelor didn't diagnose her as ADD, but she does exhibit some of the signs. She is always moving from one task to another, and get's bored easily. Basically, some of the things that have helped were to remove the majority of her toys from the play area to keep her concentrated on one toy at a time, try to talk more softly and on her level when winding down for the evening, and positive reinforcement as often as possible while keeping negative attention to a minimum. My wife and I were trying a very hands on approach with her, but we are finding that establishing boundaries and letting her guide herself seems to work much better.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote