View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #410
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Chattahoochee Long Course Time Trials - RESULTS

Interestingly, found out during the meet that 2 of the Gold facilities have already started some long course work. Our pool has too many different facilities using it at the same time to do the long course conversion during the school year. We have to wait until school is out when we the practice times can be scattered throughout the day. This put us at a bit of a disadvantage as our kids (not just mine personally, but the Cumming facility swimmers), were not as prepared for the meet as they might have been. Especially, when you combine the first time in the long course pool with the fact the team is only just now starting to pick up the pace in practice, up until now they’ve been focused on drills and form. Hopefully, this means there will be some big improvements along the way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

200 IM – 3:15.14 – Didn’t quite get sub 3…but came close 3:01.33

800 Free – 11:20.00 – Brett swam this one with older kids, his friend, and Bear. He got behind early and really posted a pretty poor time of 11:20.37…I wasn’t counting of Brett, as Bear requested I do his lane, and Brett didn’t care, so I didn’t get a real good look at Brett. However, from what I could see it looked to me like there may have been a bit of give up in him on this one. He seemed to try and watch Bear, but was unable to keep up…so he decided he’d mail it in rather than try hard a fail. In his defense, he never did come back with an excuse.

100 Free – 1:18.20 – a ridiculously bad dive, very little effort and a poor time 1:17.93. He should have been much better than this…

100 Back – 1:37.93 – This was a better swim 1:27.60

200 Breast – 3:14.57 – This was a disappointing swim for Brett as well. He dropped time, but it wasn’t anywhere near where we hoped he would be…3:11.23. This means he still has a long way to go in order to get his cut. I don’t know if this lack of production in breast is related to his recent growth causing some in efficiencies in his stroke, or if he’s just not in peak shape yet, but it looks like he’ll have a long climb to get the cut that I thought coming in he would reach pretty easily.

400 Free – 5:55.32 – Much better swim here…Brett managed to drop almost 28 seconds. 5:28.07…of course this begs the question…how do you not really drop time in a 100 free or an 800 free but you drop a bunch in a 400 free

200 Free – 2:51.73 – Before day 2, I told Brett that I didn’t care about his times, but that I’d like to see him increase his effort in his races. This was never more evident than this one. Brett opened the 200 free with a 1:15.93…almost 2 seconds under his 100 Free time from the day before. When it was all said and done he dropped 14 seconds 2:37.73

100 Breast – 1:33.55 – Interestingly Brett’s time drop in the 100 Breast was almost identical to his time drop in the 200 Breast. He finished with a 1:30.31. It’s a nice improvement, but he’s got a significant drop still needed here to get his cut as well…

200 Back – 3:22.57 – another good improvement, but just over 3 minutes. 3:02.76

400 IM – 6:10.00 – The fly leg of this event was much better than it has been. Still slow, but much better. This was also a very exciting race, as Brett opened the fly 100 in last place, but he was still within striking distance of several of the swimmers, as only the top 2 in the heat had truly separated from the pack. In back, Brett held his own, actually closing on a couple of guys, but losing a little ground to the 15 year old, from the Senior team in the lane next to him. However, when breast started, Brett felt he could catch the 15 year old (plus the other 5 swimmers between him and that swimmer…but his focus was on the 15 year old). By the end of the first 50, he had caught him, by the back 50 he had opened up a several body length lead. Unfortunately, he couldn’t hold him off in free, losing by half a body length. But it was good and inspired swim that I was extremely proud of. His time 6:11.31
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote