View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #446
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Tara Classic – Steve Lundquist Aquatic Center – RESULTS

Brett

For the most part Brett swam poorly. I’d love to provide the excuse that it was due to his sickness earlier in the week, and while I’m sure that didn’t help, it also wasn’t the only problem…

#2 (d1/s1): B Open 100 Breast - 1:30.09L – Brett actually added .3 seconds to his time here. His coach mentioned that Brett’s ankles aren’t as pronated as much as they used to be, which is impacting his speed. He thinks this change is related to the “knee” injury from earlier in the season. The coach even admitted that he was disappointed in himself for not having noticed it earlier (Brett’s typical coach, and the one I talked to, hasn’t really been coaching the Sectional Advanced swimmers much recently, due to the absence of the head coach. His time has been spent mostly focused on the Senior swimmers, so his missing this change in Brett’s stroke is completely understandable). The lack of this cut, really impacted Brett, and my feeling is that his heart wasn’t in the rest of his swims…

#6 (d1/s1): B Open 200 Free - 2:37.73L – Added 2 seconds…

#8 (d1/s1): B Open 100 Back - 1:27.60L – Added 3.5 seconds…

This was the end of the first session, and Brett told me he was going to ask the coach if he could scratch the last two swims and go home. I wasn’t pleased, as my personality says to use this as an opportunity to build for next season, but I told him that it was up to his coach. His coach told him, no – he wasn’t allowed to scratch…

#20 (d1/s2): B Open 200 Back - 3:02.76L – He dropped a half second here…

#24 (d1/s2): B Open 400 Free - 5:28.07L – Added 7 seconds in this one…

Celebrating on 7/5 with some swim families, I learned some stuff about Brett from the coach. I’ll pass it along as part of the end of season write up.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote