View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #320
sabotai
General Manager

September 25th, 2019

German Cup, Second Round
1860 München (BL) at Schalke (BL)

Just our luck, we draw Schalke...the good news Schalke had a game on the 22nd. I might be facing a tired team.

Starting Lineup
GK Vlachodimos
DL Grasso
DC Caballero
DC Touré
DR Svensson
DM Stark
DM Daniel
AML Romanenko
AMC Roguljic
AMR Clancy
ST Dimitrijevic

In the 39th minute, they score after keeping the pressure on and our defense failing to clear the ball.

In the first half, I had 4 breakaway chances with 0 goals. On the last one in the 42nd minute, Dimitrijevic was one on one and had blown by the defense. He had no excuse for failing on that one.

Finally on the 5th one in the 44th minute, the goal kick went just over the defender and Dimitrijevic had a one-on-one with the GK again. This time he finds the goal.

In the 50th minute, Stark to Romanenko in the box, gives it to Dimitrijevic in the middle and easily scores.

In the 61st minute, Caballero's header off a corner goes off the crossbar, it bounces around the box a few times until Touré finally buries it to give us a 3-1 lead.

I'm both shocked that we beat Schalke and disappointed because we could have easily have put 5 or 6 goals on the scoreboard.

My team did play a bit....rough today. I decided that I needed to do what I could to create chances, so Hassle Opponents, Mark Tighter and Stay On Feet were on for most of the game. It seemed to work.

1860 München 3 - 1 Schalke
13 - Shots - 21
8 - On Target - 8
6 - Clear Cut Chances - 0
5 - Half Chances - 6
19 - Fouls - 3
3 - Yellow Cards - 0
46% - Poss. - 54%

POM: Uros Dimitrijevic (2 Goals)

Player Performances
GK Vlachodimos 7.5 , DL Grasso 6.7 (off 59) , DL Ahamada 6.8 , DC Caballero 7.0 , DC Touré 8.1 (YC) , DR Svensson 6.6 (YC , off 54) , DR Roberto 6.4 (on 54) , DM Stark 7.4 , DM Daniel 7.1 , AML Romanenko 7.2 , AMC Roguljic 7.2 , AMR Clancy 6.9 , ST Dimitrijevic 8.8

Goals: Dimitrijevic (2), Touré
Assists: Romanenko, Caballero, Vlachodimos

Last edited by sabotai : 12-29-2014 at 11:40 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote