View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #334
sabotai
General Manager

Bouy hasn't seen much action this year. He was out for some time with injury, and I've been reluctant to take out Roguljic. I've been on the fence about keeping Bouy due to his high salary. Now, he's as good as gone.

My scouts found an AMC by the name of Karlo Vera. He's Peruvian, and he looks like the real deal as far as AMCs go. At 19 years old, he already has better attributes than Roguljic or Bouy in most areas. He does suck at crossing...but I doubt he'll need to do that much with me. He also has very good shooting attributes, so I can seamlessly move into and out of my Shadow Striker tactic without moving the AMC around when he's in.

Here's the thing. When I sent an enquiry, his current team in Romania told me that he wasn't for sale for any price. Thinking they tell me "Ok, how about $35 million" as a response, I sent a token $7.5M offer. They accepted. Which means I probably could have gotten him for a lot less. Oops. (He's valued at $2.9M right now, but is still young). This just about empties my transfer budget (was ~$9M).

Roguljic is still the man. It's clear to me it takes a player at least a year to acclimate to a new team. That's how long it took Daniel to start putting in good performances consistently. Caballero is very streaky right now, but I anticipate that improving in the 2nd half of the season. Clancy's first season averaged 6.64, his second 7.00. He's having a down year so far at 6.70. The point is, I know Vera will take some time.

And, I definitely need to make sure I have 2 top notch AMCs at any given time. I hope Roguljic and Vera will be splitting time for the next decade.

AMC Karlo Vera - PER - 19 yo - 3.5 / 4 - $19.5k p/w to 2024
Dribbling: 16, First Touch: 16, Passing: 16, Technique: 18, Finishing: 15, Long Shots: 13. Determination: 18, Flair: 16. He's got all the tools to be a fantastic AMC for me, but he does need to improve several mental attributes that are 10-12 like Composure (10) and Positioning (12)

He'll join my team on January 1st, 2020.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote