View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #582
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Game on
Calvin Maxwell's agent is a uncool.

I wanted to say something like "prick" or "douchebag" or "moron", but we still have to sit around the table with him. "Him" here is the player agent of Calvin Maxwell. We got the note: Maxwell wants to be paid. A lot. Imagine that and then double it. He wants $316M over 5 years, including a $47M signing bonus. So, I'm not new to this business, thus we offered him $318M over 5 years, including a $85M bonus.

Offer denied. Double U Tea Eff!

Welcome to the antics of player agents in the IHOF.

We'll get there, but this isn't the most fun part of this job as a general manager/owner of an american football franchise. I think I have other things to do too. Like keeping my diary filled and stuff.

Thing is - and I'll go and quote my fellow IHOF GM QuikSand here - Thing One is making it awfully hard to make us able to hold on to Thing Two then. And these two guys will probably start complaining about the 4 or 5 rookies starting on the offensive line. Well duh, kids, do the math: if all of you want $40M per year in a $554M salary cap, we can only afford to give that to a handful of you and still have some money left for the other 40 roster spots. Maybe it's time for Maxwell and Torphy to play on the offensive line themselves, like, in the next couple of pre-season games? I won't order my staff to do that, but they might as well will...

Anyway, first offer got turned down. But you know me, I won't get turned down once and give up just yet. Attempt number two is in the works. And the good news here is that I know I will get two more opportunities if Maxwell's player agent does the right thing (for us) and make him the most expensive wide receiver in the history of the IHOF.

And then, only then, we'll start wondering who to hire to give him the damn ball.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 11-18-2021 at 04:36 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote