View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 06:36 AM   #583
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Player Agents are the worst
That's all.

I just have to write the frustration off. We got back to the table with Calvin Maxwell's player agent and, well, you guessed it, we offered more than $12M more than requested, even put more money into the balloon salaries in the future (because apparently that's what they want), but no such luck. His agents continues to refuse guaranteed money over inflated future money.

Just take a look at Robbie Zinn, who's still without a team, despite being a top5 center. Or Richie Piotte, he ended up in Gothenburg, of all places, for a one-year rental. Don't blame the Merchantmen, blame your agents and their absurd backwards thinking. Now you're not playing football or getting less money that we were willing to offer you guaranteed.

So, we're reaching the final chance stage, because for dubious reasons it's not allowed to renegotiate contracts during the season, despite that it makes a lot more sense to up a contract of a player that's doing well. But that's another story. Fact is: we're reaching the point where we'll have to offer Maxwell something outrageously more than he's asking for - this is not how negotiations are supposed to go, we're supposed to bid lower - and will have to decide whether we want to give Ken Torphy a contract he hasn't proven he's worth, in which case we'll have to make cap room available by releasing defensive end J.C. McPike, who also has a moronic player agent, demanding more money, despite that the Merchantmen are the only franchise in the IHOF willing to give him a contract.

Goodness, how obtuse are these agents.

Let's hope they don't read my comments here and never want to speak to me again...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote