View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #2304
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Heck, I can make the argument that it is better for the program in the long run for the kids that are leaving not to play. The biggest benefit for the program (besides the money) is the player's that are returning to get experience. Letting new players get in the game helps the program way more in the long run over playing the guys that are leaving.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

That's how I view it. And any game that has no effect on any title or even draft position (as in the NFL), is not an exhibition solely because a win or a loss is awarded.

The bowls exist to give universities an opportunity to sell vacation packages and collect some television money. The Rose Bowl was essentially a road game for the Big Ten every year and everyone was fine with it. No one wants to spend New Year's wandering through frigid northern streets.

For the coaches and players, it's approved days of practice that can be spent working with next year's starters. The seniors and those who are leaving early have already made their contributions - if they want one last hurrah, great. If not, completely understandable.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote