View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #453
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quick Update

Interesting development. Last night Bailey was extremely talkative...and it appeared that it was due to nervous energy. This isn't complete unusual for Bailey, as she tends to get nervous energy before big meets. However, this time is wasmuch more severe, in fact, it was so bad that it made her nauseous, so much so she had a difficult time eating.

I'm not sure why the nervousness was so pronounced this time around. I do know she seems to be worried because she'll be racing her friend Mary Ann in the 800 Free today. Based on her comments, I think she's afraid Mary Ann is going to beat her bad (Mary Ann is a good distance swimmer, whereas Bailey is just starting to get involved in the longer events. Bailey also commented on several other good swimmers she'll be going against, as well as teammates that are close to her in seeding. It could be she's afraid that she'll not perform well and will embarass herself. Do to very postive comments from Coach Andy and Coach Pat (the owner of the entire Chattahoochee Gold team), Bailey apparently feels some pressure to perform, and this could be the underlying influence.

Cathy talked with her about no putting pressure on herself. Told her no one will be mad at her if she swims poorly. That by worrying she's going to adversely impact her performance. The basic point of the conversation was to go out and have fun...don't worry about results.

Hopefully, getting in the pool for the 800 today, getting it overwith, and not being concerned about anything other than swimming well (as she has no real chance to earn points here) will get her into the flow of the meet, and it will allow her to relax moving forward.
Breeze is online now   Reply With Quote