View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #492
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

Bailey - She's fine, nothing to report...

Bear - He has not returned to practice since his visit tot he doctor. We have an appointment for him with the pulmonologist, but it isn't until late next week. He's been instructed not to return to practice until his sides stop hurting. I think that he might go to practice and just kick tonight so he isn't completely out of the water for any additional time. The coach is very disappointed this has come up because Bear is swimming so well right now.

Brett - His first high school meet will be on 11/8. The coach requested that all the kids put down a couple of events that they like/want/normally swim. Brett chose the 100 Breast and the 500 Free. Both his best shots to get the cut times required to earn his varsity letter. The only problem is that the team has 56 swimmers, but only slots for 37 in the meet. Brett being a freshman hurts his chances of being one of the 37, the fact that he is a year round swimmer helps (though their are quite a few year round swimmers older than he is, and I'm sure the coach will work to make sure everyone gets a change to swim for the team). Working in Brett's favor is the fact he chose the 500 Free. She even mentioned that she's always looking for volunteers in that event. Will update you when I know if he will be swimming...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote