View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 03:59 PM   #128
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I was super low earlier in the week (mon/tues). Found out the cottage siding we had ordered (shortly before I lost my contract and then the pandemic hit) was miscalculated and we were actually short by more than 100% of what we need. So another $7000 expense we didn't see coming. Then I also got a rejection letter from an interesting contract prospect, in which I didn't even make the shortlist for an interview. So I was pretty down in the dumps.

Then yesterday morning I got an email from a potential customer and as of just now I have a contract for the next 3 months. They clearly used the situation to squeeze me hard on my rate, so while I should be ecstatic I'm kind of a little annoyed. But it gives me a stable income to ride out the spring and a timeline to figure out my next move. And hopefully enough peace of mind to sleep a little better.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote