View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

My first reaction is that I don't think you could get leagues to agree to use a system that would remove the ability to make a pick manually, right there on the spot. I'm a big list user, but there are a fair number of people who pretty much refuse to use lists as things stand now. A system that requires people to use lists--even for the later rounds--is probably going to be viewed as unacceptable by a significant number of owners.

My suggestion would be similar to the discussion on tracking ratings changes: make every bit of information that we are given about draftees able to be exported easily for usage in a third-party drafting utility. The current process for setting up drafting utilities is more cumbersome than it needs to be. And please allow an import of a draft list so that commishes don't have to manually enter 224 picks or rely on a third-party mouse-moving utility to do it. Just provide the format, and we'll take care of providing the import file from outside the game. Something like this, which is used for the aforementioned mouse-moving utility, would work fine for an import file format.

1. - Kellogg, Brett, WR, Iowa
2. - Mayes, Steve, QB, Southern California
3. - Toews, Clyde, ILB, Arkansas
4. - West, Quentin, RB, Georgia Tech
5. - Haass, Ethan, DT, Alabama
6. - Blair, Alan, T, California
7. - Suggs, Horace, RB, South Carolina
8. - Riley, Ken, QB, Southern California
9. - Greenham, Xavier, RB, Syracuse