View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #87
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post

This is a ridiculous process, but still I have to hope for it. There's not going to be a new game without some sort of distribution method. I appreciate all of you who have gone there and voted and commented.

I have hope for it too. All I can say is maybe it's time to explore some other video options. I mean, that's got to be part of the sales pitch too. Either through a let's play or perhaps a more straightforward sales pitch.

Maybe it's not enough to just show the game, but instead appeal to the nature of what we like in a game. Hell if Choice of Games can get what amount to great "Choose Your Own Adventure" games, with no graphics and no sound on you can too.

We like all the same things in a game as we do in a story. Create the narrative and make people want to get it.

Another thought is that maybe the price point that you are setting for your own distribution is just not compatible with Steam. I know you have stated that you need it there, but I think Steam sale stats would prove that starting at $20 and going from there might get you 4X the reach that you otherwise would if not more. Do what you want, but it's just a thought.

We are still supporting you in the FOFC Steam group, that's for sure.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam