Izulde
Head Coach

@ Ashwood Hurst II (9th)
G: Bojan Tetek
D: Dan Okojie/James Crane/Viv Pritchard/Carl Gill
DM: Nick Plant
M: Osamu Allman/Evans Kouassi
S: Yemi Odubade/Jamie Gray/Bennie Igiehon

34 - Okojie with the short pass to Allman. Buzzing around him is a defender, so he lofts a pass into the box, where Igiehon leaps and heads it in. 1-0

52 - We switch to a 3-2-2-3 DM by taking Pritchard off and inserting Walder as a second DM. Kargbo on for Gray.

62 - Walder shows off the double DM skill by intercepting and lateraling to Allman. Short pass to Odubade, who laughs at all the defenders around him in our half. Gorgeous rainbow into space, with Kargbo having everyone beat. He destroys the keeper on the 1 v 1. 2-0

90 - The keeper comes out on a corner, so Allman hits Crane for the score. 3-0

Every full-time starter grabbed a 7.6 or higher. 8+ guys: James Crane (8.3), Evans Kouassi (8.9), and PotM Osamu Allman with 9.0. 7.1 off the bench for Passeka Karbo.

We've also found ourselves a brand new formation to replace the 4-1-2-3 DM Wide that's been our traditional style, but has gone by the wide side in recent seasons due to our poor MC options.

@ Buxted III (Malins Challenge Cup Quarterfinals)
D: Dan Okojie/James Crane/Carl Gill
DM: Nick Plant/Jack Walder
M: Osamu Allman/Dan Cotterill
S: Yemi Odubade/Jamie Gray/Passeka Kargbo

Ahenkorah replaces Odubade; Warrell in place of Allman at the half.

61 - We're awarded a PK when Kargbo is drilled in the box. He gets up and converts his opportunity with ease. 1-0

68 - Terrific chasedown of a long ball by Gill, who dribbles and jacks it to Karbo for the header into wide open space. When Gray gets there, it's a done deal, because no one can beat our young Irish striker on a 1 v 1. 2-0

If you would have told me I'd *ever* run a 3 backline, I'd have said you were high. But here's James Crane with a 7.7 and PotM, Nick Plant with a 7.6. Crane has very quietly turned into an underrated part of our defense.

@ Portslade Athletic II (10th)
D: Dan Okojie/Spencer Hamilton/James Crane

3 - Igiehon receives a pass in the box and sends it to Cotterill, who dribbles all the way to the sideline. Cross to Allman sees a header shot pushed away, but he sinks his own rebound. 1-0

19 - Allman dribbles down the left flank and crosses to Igiehon. The Swiss striker's shot cracks off the post, but Gray wins the foot race and it's all good. 2-0

41 - Good defense by Crane - The shot was just too good. 2-1

43 - Plant throws out a long vine to Gray, who dribbles into the box. There's two defenders draping our Irish striker, but he's drawn out the goalie. Rather than take the shot, he lays off to isolated Igiehon for a sweet Swiss score. 3-1

47 - Crane throws into Walder. Quick pass to Gray, and the long ball to Igiehon in the box. Precision like that can't be beat! 4-1

49 - Embarrassing defense by Hamilton there to allow a goal just before half. 4-2

Gill steps on for Hamilton at the break.

67 - Reed for Walder

81 - Cotterill - Igiehon - Gray straight line for the score. They should have gotten one on us earlier, and Gill looks completely unequipped to deal with DC in a 3 man backline, so I'll keep him at DR from now on. 5-2

83 - Shoddy defending. 5-3

7.5 for Nick Plant, 7.9 for Osamu Allman, and matching 9.2s by Jamie Gray and Bennie Igiehon, with Ireland getting the PotM nod.

vs Crawley United (5th)
D: Dan Okojie/Spencer Hamilton/James Crane

BTW, Jamie Gray is now a Vanarama National potential striker. Crawley United was in third for a while, but they've now a ways to go if they want to get back in the triple promotion conversation.

15 - Incisive interception by Crane and he kicks it ahead to Gray. The lateral to Odubade, and the longball, with Igiehon beating everyone to hit the 1v1. 1-0

The backline gets stressed when I tell the team at half not to get complacent. Truth is, we could be losing right now. We've been getting outplayed.

52 - Ahenkorah for Gray

7.6 for James Crane and Dan Okojie, 8.3 for Bennie Igiehon. A bunch of people get pissed off when I praise Igiehon after I tell the guys they got away with one here. STFU.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote