View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #652
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt
I have repeatedly read very mean spirited, with no attempt at humor, comments by Mr. Winter directed at individuals and the entire text sim community. I was actually going to buy this, just to support another developer, until I read some of the garbage he has spewed. What goes around comes around.

Totally agree. Maximum Football will lie in the bed that it has made for itself. I am not sure that the makers of the game understand how much of a resource the larger text-sim community can be. Both on this thread and on the Matrix board, there have been attempts made at constructive criticism by people who really know what they are doing. I feel like those useful fonts of information and critical response have been silenced by hostility from the MF folks. If they don't want to hear people's advice on how to improve and sell more product, then people will quickly stop trying to give it to them.

Also, there are people on this board (like you) who would have been willing to buy the game, just to support a guy who has spent his evenings and weekends for the last few years trying to make something for other people to enjoy. I think that most of those people are going to save their $30 now.

I know that MF is not a text-based game. But it just seems silly to pick a fight with the text-sim community, which would have been able to provide some customers and some useful feedback over time.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote