View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #68
MJ4H
Coordinator

Well, tonight was our night to put in a quick run while my mom watched our son. We decided to hit as many as we could going a back way to dinner that had a few caches along the way. We managed to log 7, including one that had been our nemesis near our house. Here are some photos from the journey.

The second one we found was kind of funny. Here it is in its hiding place. It was a matchstick holder with camo-tape around it sitting in a hole in this tree. The funny thing is there was no camo-tape on the top of it, which is bright orange. Oops. Kind of stands out in there. Also, I have no idea why there are electrical wires sticking out of the tree a little higher up, which I tried to catch in this picture. Weird.

Our next one we found was on an electrical box beside a Wal-mart Neighborhood Market. Here is what the box looks like. See that Danger sticker? It's fake. I mean it's a real sticker, but it has been added by a geocacher to hold the geocache behind it.

Here it is, laid to bare:

Next we stopped along a little trail that is fairly new to the area. It is just off a busy part of town. We took longer to find these two caches than we would've liked, but we managed to spot them both. Here are some pictures:

This one stands out much more in the picture than it does when you are standing there. Plus, you have to be at exactly this angle to see it at all. The camera's flash helps make it this visible. It blends in much better in normal lightning.

Next, we moved on to a Pet Cemetery in Bentonville that we had checked out before, but at that time it was temporarily disabled for repair. It is back in action now, and we found it hanging in a tree. A little bit of a reach to get it, but we managed.

The last one we found tonight was on the back of a stop sign behind the restaurant we were headed to. You can see where it is hidden by looking at the very top of the post. That little wire thing is a hook. The cache is hanging from that hook on the inside of the post. You just pull it right out from the top.

Tonight's run of 7 brings my total to 193 caches found. My next reasonable caching run should net me my 200th cache. Hooray!

We have 5 caches hidden at this point. Here are some numbers for those:

Cache #1: 11 finds
Cache #2: 17 finds
Cache #3: 8 finds
Cache #4: 6 finds
Cache #5: 1 find, 1 DNF
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote