View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #74
MJ4H
Coordinator

Here is some of the stuff I've found recently or am going to hide soon.

Those 3 little coins in baggies on the left are new pathtags I've found. I need to log them online and see where they came from, but I am behind on stuff like that right now. Below that is a some weird wooden personalized coin I found in some cache somewhere.

Top right is a fake sprinkler geocache container. It is actually a key holder disguised as a fake sprinkler head that we found at The Home Depot. We bought two of them. One of them we just got back from hiding in a place called Tower Park. This one we don't have a hiding place for yet, but will soon.

In the bottom center is my evil hide, take two. Earlier in this dynasty I showed you a fake screw head cache that I hid in a picnic table. Well, I calculated poorly on that one. The wife checked on it two days after we placed it and the top had been torn off of it. The cache was still in the hole, but without the screw-head. We disabled the cache listing and brought it home to find a new hiding place. I guess what happened was that too many feet rubbed over the top of it and it just couldn't hold up.

Well, we went back to the same park today to scout out new places and ideas for it. I hit on the perfect spot. We found a bridge on the far side of it. Underneath this bridge, one of the wooden logs has a perfectly sized hole in it. This cache fits right into it. What I did then is searched around to find a flake of wood on the ground that matches the texture of the log. I found one, brought it home, and glued it to the top of that cache. Right now, the glue is setting. Tomorrow, I will go place the cache in the hole. Hopefully I will take a picture of it if I remember my camera. I think this will be a 4-star difficulty. I can't imagine this one being very easy to find.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote