View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #17
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Phat Eskimo-Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe if McDonald's brings back McRib, we can work on getting the fries back...but I was always taught never to look a gift horse in the mouth

CraigSca-Yeah, I saw that, too. However, I can't knock a man who honors the McRib that much.

Pyser-I remember those sandwiches. I don't think I ever tried them, though...

MrBug-UCLA sucks. Stanford roXXors

Eilim-Thanks for that interesting link. My mouth waters just reading it!

Daimyo-I believe you're right...from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The McRib is a seasonal sandwich produced by the fast food restaurant chain McDonald's. The sandwich features boneless pork, pickles and onions on a roll. It was developed at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. The sandwich test-marketed very well in Nebraska and other Midwestern markets, where pork barbecue is a popular dish, and was added to the restaurant's permanent menu throughout the United States in 1981. It proved less successful and was removed after several years, only to be brought back on a temporary basis every year since. However, it is a permanent menu item in many McDonald's restaurants in Europe.

The McRib has a loyal and devoted following on the internet, including many who would like to see the McRib sandwich become a permanent item on McDonald's menu once again. The sandwich was spoofed by The Simpsons in episode 303, "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can" where Krustyburger released a sandwich called the "Ribwich," but only on a temporary basis.

Raven Hawk-Remember that commercial where he and Bird play H-O-R-S-E for the Big Mac or whatever it was, and they shot it "Off the roof, over the overpass, nothing but net"? I shudder to think what I would do in a game of horse for a McRib.

Whar-Oh, it could be the sequel to Harold & Kumar