View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #49
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Well, folks. This is it. Tomorrow, between 11 am and Noon, I will be embarking with six or so friends to Los Angeles, where I will be until New Year's Day. I will be staying a friend's house in Santa Monica. MY McRib quest will assuredly be fulfilled. I will be bringing my digital McCamera so that I can get pictures of me ordering it, eating it, and burping it.

I can't believe this is actually going to happen. I also can't believe I'm this excited. I'm thinking about eating one on Hollywood Boulevard as I stand on Ronald McDonald's McStar (if he even has a star). I also plan to eat one on Rodeo Drive, as celebrities and fashionistas pass by. I would also like to eat one on the 50-yard line of the Rose Bowl in nearby Pasadena, but I don't know if I can make that happen. I am afraid of what stupid look I'm going to have on my face as I order it. It's going to be a smile. Probably a huge, goofy smile. I may start to tear up when I see it on the menu. I've practiced reciting my order in front of the McMirror.

"Hi, my name is RFUS, and I would be honored to have one McRib value meals. What? Oh, this will be definitely be 'for here'. I want to bask in the glow of the golden arches as I am enraptured by the divine glory of the culinary perfection of which no civilization has seen the McLikes of.....the MCRIB!!!!"

And then. the girl at the counter would say "Que?"