View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #700
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
If you read you will see that I wanted to try to get a vote that meant something. I certainly didn't want an all Martin vote. Information is what I wanted. If you and Martin are wolves and we looked elsewhere it means we are now two days worth of potential bad lynches and night kills behind and would still be in the same position as before today's lynch. Having 3 completely unknowns.

If I am a wolf, Martin is definitely not the target. Keep the confusion between the two of you still out there.

We have the following possibilities:

1) MartinD is not the bodyguard and was targeted and protected and told that he was.
2) MartinD is the bodyguard and was targeted and protected and told that he blocked the attack.
3) MartinD is a wolf and is trying to out the real bodyguard (maybe because they were blocked last night).

Of the three of you, finding out either MartinD or you were the best options (as Vaimes comes up good in more of the scenarios that I looked through that made sense).

If MartinD is a wolf, we can be near certain that you are. If MartinD is the cultist, we can be near certain that you are. If MartinD is a villager, we are still unknown about you.

If we wait and find out your alliance:
If you are a wolf, we are unknown about MartinD, could be a bad luck village play.
If you are a villager, we know that MartinD is a villager (or close to certain).
If you are a cultist, we are unknown about MartinD.

So: 2 of the 3 MartinD results give us a certain outcome. Only 1 of the 3 results for you give us a certain outcome.
For one, if I'm a cultist, you know MartinD is town, as he would probably think I'm a villager.

Your strategy is to lynch Martin, have him flip town and learn nothing, then lynch me, and have me flip town and learn nothing.

The smart strategy is to find out that I am town (whether through a lynch, a check, or my own actions), and then use that to clear Vaimes and Martin, giving us a solid, non-pr townblock.