View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #479
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I will be out all day (working both jobs), so I have to get my vote in here.

Nothing has really come forth from the night actions yet, other than poor Fouts' death, of course, so I don't have much to go on.

I will stick with my reasoning from last night and follow up on suspicions, for lack of a better candidate. I am sure someone will emerge today, but I unfortunately won't be around to change my vote. So hopefully my suspicions are correct.

VOTE SALDANA

1. please reference post numbers where i "overreacted", as i hardly think i did anything of the sort.

after that, please evaluate the following statements (alan please take no offense from this, as i am just as 'bad' as you are)

1. the particular theme of this game allows for various levels of background knowledge

2. alan defined himself very early as having a extensive knowledge of LOTR geekdom

3. other players in the game expressed having know knowledge of said geekdom

4. alan made statements that drew upon his geekdom knowledge and presented those statements as fact

5. those statements were made in an accusatory manner towards blade

6. anyone with no or little geekdom knowledge may see alan as an authority and take his statements to be true

7. i, also having significant knowledge of LOTR geekdom pointed out that Alans statements are not necessarily fact, and should not be taken as such

8. an extremely geeky discussion ensued over how he was deriving his statements, versus where i was deriving my arguements with them.

9. he gave his point of view, i disagreed with it, and moved on....note, i did not vote for alan yesterday, and will not likely vote for him today

where exactly did i do anything wolfish in the least...my actions yesterday were performed in an effort to make sure that people that dont share alan and I's fascination with LOTR were not led astray by the statements alan was presenting. he made presented statements as facts...i parried by saying they were not fact..

please explain how your logic progressed from me exposing my knowledge of Middle Earth in an effort to make sure all the townspeople had two different sources of information as opposed to only alan's perspective to my being on the side of Darkness
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote