View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #301
Yellow5
High School Varsity

My wife and I decided to make a life change and start eating healthy on Jan 1st.

I was 197 lbs, very high for me (I am used to being 170), eating pizza once or twice a week and generally eating every bad thing possible. Not good when you are 39 years old and have a 1 year old son. I thought that it was time to do something to make sure I am around to see him grow up so....

I started eating right. I've been eating normal meals that are low cal, low fat but high fiber and high protein. I eat more than 3 meals a day, usually 5 meals a day now with small portions in between.

As of Feb. 1st I've lost 17lbs and am down to 180. Not bad on just diet alone with a little carido thrown in each week.

One of the things that helped me was to find a fitness site that I could use to track what I was doing, how much I was eating and all of that fun stuff. I decided on Sparkpeople.com and have been very happy with it. They have a great sister site dedicated to recipes that are good for you, and actually taste good.

I'm also motivated a little bit by greed. My family is doing our own "bigest loser" challenge. We all chipped in 50 bucks, and the person who has lost the greatest percentage of weight by Easter wins the pot of $500.